Is This What You Signed Up For? by Beth ColeAug 12th, 2009 | By Beth Cole | Category: Web Marketing
I was a chubby kid up until 9th grade and it wasn’t fun. Kids are mean and I felt left out plenty of times. That’s why I vowed I would never be chubby again. I shifted my mindset big time. I started a habit of exercise, lost a ton of weight, felt great.
This lifestyle has worked well until just a few years ago when my no-more-chubby vow cracked. I just quit walking, running, riding my bike and pretty soon, here comes chubby again. Aargh. This is not what I signed up for and it’s all because my mindset shifted!
You might find yourself in a similar position these days with the marketing of your coaching practice. Has your mindset shifted in any way? Have you stopped doing the things you know you need to do? If you are waiting for the phone to ring or your email box to fill up thinking “this is not what I signed up for” you may need to re-energize your marketing mindset.
Here are some questions to help you. Some may not apply, feel free to skim through and work on the ones that are appropriate for you.
Please set aside 30-60 minutes so you can get in the flow. Pray that your heart and mind would be in conformity to God’s will. Consider 2 Timothy 1:7 which says….For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.
- Think of a time when you felt pretty good about your coaching practice. Describe what was happening. Why did you feel good about it?
- What steps do you need to take to recreate this environment?
- What do you have to gain by doing so?
- Who are you three best clients or prospects?
- How could you multiply the good will you have with these clients?
- What needs do you see that are consistently going unmet?
- What question(s) do people consistently ask you?
- Is there a way you put together a coaching package to help people with this need or question?
- If so, what will it take on your part?
- What else have you thought of that you could be doing to market your practice?
- What do you need to make it happen?
- Who will help you stay energized with your marketing plan?
People need coaching now more than ever. Don’t let fear of rejection hold you back. Our good and gracious Father has given you everything you need to join Him in the work He is doing. With His help you can make a difference in people’s lives.
Onward fearless marketer! I am with you all the way.